You may also be interested in:
1C Company Launches Completely New Version of the “1C: Enterprise 8.2” Platform
Version 8.2 of the “1C: Enterprise” platform was released on September 25, 2009. “1C: Enterprise 8.2” is the most substantial development of the system since the release of the “1C: Enterprise 8” platform.
A wide spectrum of new capabilities and features are implemented in the new version:
- capability of operating in thin client and web client environments;
- support of user operations via the internet, including low bit-rate channel connections;
- support of web client operations using the Linux operating system;
- a system of control applications ensuring automatic change of interface in response to the functionality selected on implementation, the roles of the users and individual settings;
- failover cluster of servers with dynamic load balancing;
- Oracle DBMS support;
- an array of features for optimizing the creation of analytical reports;
- extended report management capabilities for analysts and users;
- new interface design;
- expanded tool kit for designers to optimize applied solutions;
- improved convenience of installation and administration of corporate applications system;
- improved system scalability and response rate.
A special routine is supported by “1C: Enterprise 8.2” allowing compatibility with versions 8.0 and 8.1, permitting its use with configurations designed for versions 8.0 and 8.1 without changing those configurations. In this mode, applied solutions developed using the “1C: Enterprise” platform versions 8.0 and 8.1 can be used with version 8.2 without additional processing.
The new version of the platform provides free registration for the users of the “1C: Enterprise” versions 8.0 and 8.1 programming packages when they present a current subscription for IT assistance.
For operation of the version 8.2 platform, the same hardware keys are used as for “1C: Enterprise” versions 8.0 and 8.1.